I-Talent Seminarie: Ericsson
Op weg naar 5G
Previous generations of mobile networks addressed consumers predominantly for voice, messaging and data.
With the exponential growth of global mobile data traffic, there is a need for a more efficient technology, higher data rates and spectrum utilization. New applications such as 4K/8K video streaming, virtual and augmented reality and emerging industrial use cases will also require higher bandwidth, greater capacity, security, and lower latency. Equipped with these capabilities, 5G will bring new opportunities for people, society, and businesses.
The seminar will give an introduction to 5G and IoT. We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to telecom networks, the heritage of 140 years of innovation
- The promise of 5G, new capabilities and use cases
- 5G as the enabler to large-scale IoT deployments
- The technology behind 5G, IoT, radio access, core networks and orchestration
- The roll-out of 5G, perspectives and challenges
- 5G and IoT at Corda Campus
Sprekers: Tijs Van den Brande and Serge Vanhoffelen
Voor welke groep studenten?
Aantal toegelaten studenten
27/11/2019 (was eerst 11/12)
09u00 - 12u00
@PXL, Gebouw B, B323